Sunday, April 17, 2011

YMCA Easter Egg Hunt

Today we went to the YMCA Easter Egg Hunt. There was so much to do and SO MUCH FUN!!  Look at these adorable Petting Zoo Animals.
Noah really didn't want anything to do with them.
 He does however, have a special thing for bunnies, he LOVES bunnies!!
He was so gentle with the bunnies. 
After our Bunny photo shoot he gets so excited when he sees one.
My mom took so many more cute photos on her camera of the kids with the animals.  Noah also liked the baby ducks and chicks.   He didn't like the costume Easter bunny, Nicho either!  My mom got a photo of Noah squirming out of the Easter Bunny's arms. It was hilarious. Nicho refused to get a picture with the costume bunny, not that he was scared-he just didn't like him. He was actually a cute bunny too :(
At least I got pictures of them with real bunnies so I guess that will work :)
As soon as I get these photos from my mom I will post them!
Nicho waiting patiently for his age group egg hunt.  We were so busy looking at the animals that we missed Noah's age group.
Oh yes, there was yet another bounce house.
After the bounce house we waited in line for face painting.  While waiting in line we noticed LOTS of firetrucks pass by on the freeway.  A few minutes later we were told there was a fire in our neighborhood in which we could not go home. 
Our power was shut off until 8:45pm.  We were allowed to go back to our house being that our street wasn't blocked off but we ended up staying at my in-law's home because it was too smoky and smelled so bad in our neighborhood.  I didn't want the boys to breathe all of that in while they slept.

Here are a few pictures of the rest of our afternoon.  We hung out at my brother and sister-n-law's house until it got dark and then headed to the in-law's house. 

We are yet reminded of what we are thankful for each day.  When John called me on my phone(he was at home studying while we were at the Egg Hunt) and asked what he should pack up "just in case," there was honestly nothing but our computer(for photos) and Baylee's Urn that I wanted because everything that meant so much to me I already had with me. 
 I was worried about John but he is ex Military and I know he was trained how to survive if "worse came to worst".  You can replace objects but not people. 
Next weekend we are going to be scanning every single document, missed photo,favorite art pieces made by Nicho, ANYTHING we may need into our computer because that will be the only thing we will need to grab if another emergency arises.  We also have a fire safe with more documents, etc but will be going through it as well to make sure everything is current and nothing is missing.
Thank you to all of the Firefighters(one of them being John's best Childhood buddy) and Police crew who helped patrol the area and continue to control/monitor the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment