I am so glad it only takes us a few minutes to get downtown because it seems like all of the free fun for kids is downtown! The boys and I took a long afternoon nap together today which is very RARE. I knew they would have lots of energy when they woke up so I texted John and told him to meet us downtown on his way home from work. I packed the kids up and we went to the Liz Carpenter Fountain and let the kids splash away.
There was a nice breeze and not very many people which was perfect!! They played for a little over an hour and John had picked up some food from Sandy's across the street so we had a picnic afterwards.
We came home, bathed the kids and put Noah to bed. Nicho was almost heading off to bed when he saw that the BMX Olympics was on. John had turned on the TV already to watch the Olympics before he was asleep, rats!! So, since it was the Summer Olympics we let him stay up and watch. John was beaming with pride however because as a kid growing up his dad took him and his brother to BMX events. That was their hobby as a family and John had tons of BMX racing trophies. I have a feeling this may become a hobby as Nicho and Noah get older and I will be praying every Sunday in Church to help keep me sane!!
I just love Summer nights....
I just love Summer nights....
No comments:
Post a Comment