As I was scrolling on fb the other day I came upon this blog, Finding Joy that someone shared on their wall about being a mom. This mom is so amazing and has such great posts, check out her blog.
Her husband was diagnosed with Cancer a few years ago and her youngest son was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. She has the utmost faith in God and has really inspiring posts like the one above.
I really feel like there is a lot of pressure because Moms do so much more around the house because Dad has to "bring home the bacon" and is rarely at home and in some cases like mine both my husband and I work.
I do feel so blessed to work at the same school both my children attend so I am close to them and can check in on them regularly.
As for the house, I was starting to feel guilty about not paying attention to other things like dishes(well dishes are put away 97% of the time), mopping the floor, and other household projects until I read her post.
I choose spending time with my children and taking them to fun events on the weekends over house stuff because I WANT to spend time with them! It's so much more important to me than anything else. I just needed that reassurance, the house will get clean eventually but I can never get that moment with my children again.
The day before I read this blog post I was talking to a friend of mine. She was telling me about her friend who posted a questionnaire on fb about what "TV" mom was most inspiring. I immediately thought about June Cleaver but then she brought up Claire Huxtable (Cosby Show) which I completely had forgotten about. She really was a great inspiration because she had a successful career and was a GREAT mom and wife!!! Claire had it together, but again she was a "TV" mom.
I know I am not the perfect Mom but I would like to know that my kiddos think so :)
Much love to all of my mom friends and my own Mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment