Thursday, October 29, 2009

What We Have Been Up To...

Well, pregnancy has finally hit me and lately I have been so sleepy in the early evenings. This is the first time this week I am actually on the home computer. My Nicho bear is having a sleep over tonight at the grandparent's house because I have an early doctor appointment tomorrow. I miss him already I can't sleep! Here are a few fun things that has happened this week:
Beautiful Sunday!
We spent it outdoors, Nicho loves riding his McQueen!

YAY for the rain! Our grass is green again!! We were being very conservative with the water this past summer due to the drought and thank God for rain!!
White Milk vs. Chocolate Milk...Nicho tried chocolate milk for the first time this past weekend...
As you can see white milk won. My nephew Jeremiah who is 7 years old is not a big fan of chocolate milk either...hmmm...
Nicho had his class Halloween party this past week. The two mom's in charge of the party did an AWESOME job!! One of the moms had stayed up way past midnight decorating cupcakes, cookies, and making sandwiches for these special kiddos! Talk about hard work! The cookies, cupcakes, and sandwiches looked like they had come straight out of a magazine. We didn't want to eat them they were so cute!! I WISH I would have taken pictures of them but I didn't!!!!! The party was a "Monster" theme so every cupcake, cookie, and even sandwiches were "monster" decorated. Oh and each child took home a "monster" goodie bag too. When Nicho's teacher made the announcement at the party that every parent would get a chance to host a party this year we all looked at each other in horror like "how would we top this one?" Thank goodness our next party will be a Thanksgiving feast so we will all bring in a dish so it will cut back some of the pressure, phew!
All of the costumes were adorable, starting from the left was a pirate, Batman (Nicho), dinosaur, fairy, and a Texas Tech linebacker.
The kiddos chowing down on "party food"
Nicho's teacher had some Halloween activities planned but all of the kids seemed more interested in the food and sat at the table the entire time and ate so we ran out of time.
Batman munching on a strawberry
Mommy made her first semi-homeade chicken pot pie...um yea the top crust kind of fell apart...
But...it still turned out wonderful and it tasted better than Marie Callendar's!
John and I have been so paranoid with germs lately and have been making all of our food instead of take out. The thought of someone sneezing, coughing, and then touching our food grosses us out!! Especially right now with all of the flu crap going around!!

1 comment:

  1. Your back yard looks SOOO GREEN and pretty !!! Put some pumpkins out there and you will get some great Fall Pictures.

    I can only imagine how cute the "Monster" theme items were. I know the mommy and she does a AWESOME job in that department.

    We have been making food at home too. You should see my face when I see someone cough or sneeze. The one who was not phased by germs now needs anxiety meds to run errands.LOL j/k about the meds but I am sure that day is close.

    ReplyDelete