Friday, August 27, 2010

Parent/Kiddos Meet and Greet

Yesterday we had our meet and greet after lunch.  We met all 15 children and parents that we will be seeing this school year.  We also got to meet the Graduate student, Mr. N. who will assist and be in the class twice a week along with the Practicum student, Ms. V.  who will be in the classroom with Ms. Meena M-Th.  Nicho hit it off with everyone, of course I knew he would.  The parents that I met were all so nice in fact I forgot my camera charging at home and one of the parents took these and e-mailed to me  last night, super fast I must say. 
He already made friends, these two did great at sharing and were working as a team on how to dig with this, it takes two! Great teamwork! 
This school is already doing great at what it is meant to do, socializing and problem solving!
He met another friend on the playscape, they had a blast running back and forth on the bridge.  Next week he will go 3 times for two hours and meet with 1/2 the class and then one day with the full class then the following week is the real deal :) M-Th for 3 hours each day. 
On a funny note I just received the snack schedule for the year via e-mail.  They are not at school long enough for lunch so the school provides their snack. So what's on the menu?  Some of the snacks are: organic fruits and veggies from the garden, hummus and pita bread, rice cakes and celery sticks.  They get fun stuff like animal crackers and chex mix too :)  Yay there is hope for my child to fall in love with his veggies again!!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting yay for his first day at his new school being right around the corner....I love the Hummus/Pita Bread diet...my kids LOVE Hummus :)

    ReplyDelete