Sunday, March 1, 2009

Zilker Kite Festival

Today we met the Peden's at the Zilker Kite Festival. We took a shuttle from the Tony Burger Center to Zilker. It was Nicho's first experience on a school bus, he shouted "bus" the whole ride. When we got to Zilker we saw all of the cool kites, it was overwhelming to say the least. John and I also got our fair share of festival foods such as funnel cake, sno-cone, and roasted corn ( we shared of course), and we got hamburgers to go...I think I am going to be sick tonight. John flew the kite for about 20 minutes and then Nicho wanted to look at all of the other kites instead. Nicho fell asleep during all of the excitement. We tried to get his face painted while he was asleep and he woke up MAD! So we got his leg painted instead. We look forward to next year's Festival!

1 comment:

  1. We had a blast too!!! I still can't believe we got sunburns!! Oh well time to knock that pasty pale skin off anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete