Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkin Pie Playdough


This weekend we didn't do much because of the yucky rain. We did a little shopping but mostly stayed indoors. It was nice to hang out at home and enjoy the cozy weather. On Sunday I made pumpkin pie playdough for Bear. I also made pumpkin bread...with chocolate chips :) Our kitchen smelled so good! Anyway, I prefer to make homeade play dough instead of buying the already made playdough. I made plenty so we took some play dough to Nicho's class since the rain would keep them indoors today anyway. His class enjoyed the play dough and were very creative making sculptures...mostly snakes and balls :)

Here is the recipe for Pumpkin Pie Play Dough if anyone is interested. It's really easy to make!

5 1/2 Cups of Flour
2 Cups of Salt
8 Teaspoons Cream of Tartar
3/4 Cup of Oil
1 container (1.12 oz) Pumpkin Pie Spice
Orange Food Coloring (2 parts yellow, 1 part red)
4 Cups of Water

Mix all ingredients together. Cook and stir over medium heat until lumps disappear. Knead the dough on floured surface until smooth.

1 comment:

  1. I made pumpkin muffins tonight for Ashley's class tomorrow and I love how the house smells right now - like the holidays! And, Ash and I made orange playdough fro her class last week - except I used orange kool-aid to make it smell...wish I had thought ofthe pupkin spice. Anyway, looks like our minds are thinking along the same lines these days :-)

    Also love the belly shot post!!

    ReplyDelete