Thursday, October 18, 2012

Tired Bear

 

My poor Nicho Bear got into some ants at school while on the playground.  His legs and ankles swelled up and became so hard. 
 Today was an early release day and my mother-in-law had planned to pick him up but her appointment ran late so he went to extended care for a bit.  When she picked him up she noticed him walking funny and asked him what had happened and looked at his legs.  She brought him to my classroom and we went down to the Nurse's office for her to get a look at it.  She applied some topical Caladryl and we were told to give him Benadryl.
  I usually carry Benadryl at home because he is allergic to EVERYTHING, not kidding!!!  Since he has not had an allergic reaction in a long while and we threw out the last Benadryl due to the last recall we had to buy the "new" Benadryl that is back on the shelf AND I had to call his Pediatrician to get the correct dosage amount since he has grown!!
 When we finally gave it to him he got sleepy, of course.  I went to check on him and found him like this.  He was so sleepy.  I moved him to his bed where he slept for over an hour.  I finally had to wake him up, fed him dinner, gave him a bath, then let John takeover because I had boot camp class.  When I came back home I really expected him to be awake since he had napped for so long so late in the day and nope, he was asleep.  Poor bubby.  I hope he feels better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment