Monday, December 21, 2009

Don't Mess With My Nap!

There is a reason why we call Nicho "bear", there are actually two reasons. The first reason is because when he was an infant he was so cuddly, mommy always liked to cuddle with him so I just started calling him "my bear". The second reason we call him bear is because he likes to sleep! The boy LOVES to sleep! This past Saturday he took a 4 hour nap before we went to see some Christmas lights. When we got home he got a bath and he went straight to bed. I was thinking he wouldn't be ready to go to bed just yet since he slept so much but he was willing and ready.
I was expecting him to wake up extra early on Sunday morning but he woke up around his usual time which is 8:30. John and I had a last minute Christmas gift idea "from Nicho" to the Grandparents that would have to take up pretty much our whole Sunday afternoon because the store didn't open until noon (Nicho's nap time) and NEEDED to be done so it would be ready by Christmas Eve. I thought "oh what the hay we will push back his nap by 2 hours, he slept enough yesterday anyway." Boy was I wrong! We got to the ceramics place right when it opened and picked out our pieces. We picked out our paints and brushes. As we were getting ready to begin applying paint to Nicho's hand he was starting to be uncooperative. The once calm and serene setting quickly turned into madness. We ended up having to trace his hand onto paper and then tracing the paper onto the pieces. Mommy took Nicho for a ride in the car to put him to sleep and left the daddy finishing up the pottery. As I was driving I laughed to myself thinking how funny John must look painting ceramics by himself while listening to the Christmas music in the background at the store hehe. I didn't have to drive far at all before bear fell asleep. I went back to the ceramics place and took the stroller out of the car and put him in it AND-JUST-LET-HIM-SLEEP. I went back in to join John with our pieces and parked the stroller at the table. There was calmness now at our table. We would have loved Nicho to have been more involved with the painting however it turns out it was good therapy and so much fun for both John and I! We talked about last week and the upcoming week and also laughed about Nicho needing his sleep or everyone has to "watch out." While we were talking I hinted to him the idea of how nice it would be for me to collect a piece of personalized ceramics each year from the boys. We will see if he delivers :) I know that I am going to start that tradition with the Grandparents but next time we will go back when he has FULLY NAPPED!
By the way...today I have two appointments and one of them is during his nap time...wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment