Sunday, December 5, 2010

Zilker Tree Lighting 2010

Tonight we went to the Annual Zilker Tree lighting.  I have lived in Austin for over 10 years now and have yet to go to a Zilker Tree lighting and since we went to the Capitol Tree lighting last year I told John we must go to Zilker this year. 
My mother and father-in-law, brother-in-law and his family met us down there.  It was a little chilly but we took blankets, hats and jackets to keep warm.  Once we were down there we got in the middle of all the body heat of others and it surprisingly was warm, plus the cool breeze that once was there had stopped.  It was also nice because within 15 minutes of the ceremony they lit the tree so they didn't "drag" it out like the Capitol Tree lighting.  There was SO much food.  We had funnel cake and took home a huge bag of kettle corn which I am sure we will be eating on a daily basis until it is gone!  They also had tamales there but we didn't feel like spending $2 per tamale!! So we bought some from a restaurant on our way home.  The in-laws had bought some tamales while there and said they were not that great so I am glad we didn't buy any!!
Enjoy the pictures!

Me and my first baby boy!

 My Boa
 Spinning slowly with Grandpa.


 The "light up" men
 Zilker Tree 2010
 Nicho playing with his light saber on the way home, thanks to Granny.


1 comment:

  1. I want to get down there and take a spin under the tree. BUT I am so sad about no Trail of Lights this year.

    Looks like y'all had a fun night!

    ReplyDelete